Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Little One







I walked through the meadow,
an ocean of vibrant colors.
The sun sprinkling light rays
through the sky.
A gentle streams runs
through the lush valley.

There on a rock, she waits
she’s been there for so long.
Her features are gentle
she’s so petite, so fragile

She watches me coming.
she smiles and rises
then she walks to a forest
as she turns to me, she motions.

I follow behind her
in this beautiful world
Her shadows are dwarfed
by the magnificent trees
She stops at a cliff and turns to me
I don’t understand, that’s plain to see.

She speaks but in whispers
a sweet melody
“This is where you pushed me.
The scars on my hands you can see.

”I fall to my knees,
the clouds roll in
the sky opens up
tears from heaven
fall to the ground.

I open my arms
she runs to me
I hold her so close
she’s crying,
this sweet little girl
our tears become one
for so many lost years.

I rock her gently
and sing a lullaby
she closes her eyes
and sleeps in my arms
so long has she waited
for a safe place to go

As I kiss her gently,
I whisper to her
“You will always be loved,
never again will I leave you,
my sweet little one”

by Tina 4/24/05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home