Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Child

In a world filled with pain
It’s hard to find the beauty in life
The ugliness unfolds
As the darkness prevails

The empty loneliness in my heart
calls out to me too often
to remind me of a time
I so badly want forgetten

But as much as I try
I remain a prisoner to my own heart
When I think it is gone
I hear the whispers.

They invade my quietest dreams
Calling me, waking me....as I scream
Then I see her.........
She’s lost and alone buried inside

I feel like I’ve failed her
She carries all the guilt
It was so easy to walk away
and put all the blame on her

I hear her sobbing,
so frightened and cold
but I can’t save her
I never could

1 Comments:

Blogger Just a human said...

Hi,

Your poem is hauntingly, sadly beautiful.

May you be healed, and may the inner child in you be warmed with the light of that healing, too.

February 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home