Thursday, November 17, 2005

Chained Souls







For so long I was trapped in a black void
Sinking farther into the dark abyss
No friends or family to pull me free
No one seemed to care
The promise & hope
The innocence that once shined so brightly
were shattered in one violent moment
and now I found myself in a harsh new reality
So through the twisted road I walked
I made some choices I would regret
Searching for the hope
That I could not find
So many expectations
Be strong, don’t cry
Pretend it never happened
And it will go away.
So on the outside, I wear that mask
And pretend the pain is no longer there
While each day I carry the burden
Chained to my soul
The voice within must be heard
So empty, alone and filled with despair
A constant reminder
Of what was never told

I look deep within myself
And wonder who I am
Who I was, who I will become
I don’t want to be somebody else’s reality
So I fight..........the silence must be broken
The battle is long served but reward will be found
One day it will end
And a victory will be mine
Today is a gift and tomorrow is a promise
Hope floats on the horizon
We just have to believe
That peace will find itself into our souls


Tina ~~ 6/11/05

1 Comments:

Blogger Photography said...

nice blog. thanks

November 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home