Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Beast
















The nightmare begins......

The beast crawls out of his skin
His unabated evil seeps from his pores
A poisonous acid that scalds all it touches
He must quench his demonic hunger

He’s coming..........

And fear inundates my inner core
His stench penetrates every pocket of air
His touch sears the delicate skin
His presence creates only pain

And innocent blood is shed....

Silent screams rise from inside
Quelled only by guilt and shame
He leaves me empty, feeling dirty inside
His venom has darkened my soul

I am left all alone, my hope is null
As the darkness absorbs every crevice
I hear a sob coming deep from inside
As the child cowers again

But sleep will come and with it peace
As shadows waver
And daylight peeks
The whispers are silent along with the sobs

But the creature’s hunger is infinite
As the beast will thrive.
My sleep will always be light
As I listen for his approach once more.


~~Tina~~ 3/5/06

4 Comments:

Blogger lagal[og] said...

hi tina!

thanks so much for dropping by. it's always a pleasure to hear from people who may have accidentally (or is it?) stumbled upon my little blog. i hope the stories and the pictures may have brought even just a bit of enlightenment or refreshment to you. i also pray that even in my own little way, what i chronicle will be of help to anyone out there as much as your blog brings enlightenment and courage to those who read it.

God bless!

p.s. would like to link up to your blog with your permission. thanks!

March 06, 2006  
Blogger Just a human said...

Tina,

Your writings touched me deeply.

May the child learn to sleep peacefully...knowing that she is safe now. She is very powerful now, and protecting herself.

God bless you, Bud

March 06, 2006  
Blogger RennyBA said...

I accidentally stumble upon you're blog from buddy's. I can tell you are dealing with difficult subjects and you're writings really touched me.
But like others, I wont just vanish but say hello and tell you to keep up the good work :-)
I sometimes find comfort in the words: "It works if you work it, so work it, you're worth it"!

March 07, 2006  
Blogger Wayne Leman said...

Hi, just found your blog. Thanks for sharing your story and poetry about it. I, too, have been writing poetry about the abuse I experienced. I have added your blog to my Recovery Poetry blogroll. Best wishes, Al

March 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home