Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Long Journey Home












I’ve been on this journey most of my life
A path of confusion & endless strife
I’ve traveled down most of it all alone
My aching soul is filled with stone


It’s a road so dense, filled with twists and turns
And creatures along the way who’s touch burns
Each crevice holds a secret from the past
Secrets so dark, eery shadows they cast


How often I’ve stopped to wonder, why me?
How much further till I am finally free?
But the way up ahead is terribly dim
The path worn & tattered, my chances grim


My feelings are mixed with such confusion
And it all seems like some grand illusion
But there’s a great sadness to all of this
Something that I can no longer dismiss


As I wander aimlessly in this maze
Fully engulfed in a thick fog and haze
My hand reaches out, but nothing is there
They’ve all gone away & I don’t know where


The others who have watched have turned away
They no longer will witness my dismay
I’m still traveling down that path made of stone
I’m still on that path completely alone.


Tina 8/8/05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home