Saturday, November 19, 2005

Eye of the Storm














I feel a calmness, a sense of peace
The brutal wars may finally cease
I weathered a storm & survived its wrath
I stood directly in its path
I know I am riding in the eye of the storm
Awaiting the wake of the backlash to form
The dawn of light I see right now
Is a promise to a solemn vow
That my strength & courage will lead the way
Out of this storm all dark & gray
To a peaceful existence filled with light
I know I will make it & be alright
Yes, I am riding the eye of the storm
As I edge closer I feel the backend form
But when I come out this time, my friend
My lifelong journey will not be at an end
When the storm is over, I will finally see
The light of truth that will set me free.


~~Tina~~ 8/9/05

1 Comments:

Blogger Mar10 said...

Very hopeful; thank you for sharing this poem.

April 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home