Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Pieces


























You came into our lives
Little did we know
What evil you possessed
What horrors we would learn
Pain & heartache, fear & loneliness
Soon would fill our days.


You took from me
A piece of my innocence
And a part of my soul
You tossed it all away
I believed I was all alone
Never knowing how many like you existed.


I learned to slip away
And watch from a distant land
What happened to this little girl
And I felt....
Only sadness for this child
Who cried all the time.


Soon you no longer saw me at all
More pieces of my existence
Were tossed into the wind
Until nothing was left to take....
Nothing was left to throw away
And I could feel no more
Never once did you look back
To see what you had done.


But in the end, I win....
All that you took from me...
All that you thought you destroyed,
I am gathering all those lost pieces
And putting them carefully back together
Only this time, my fortress will be stronger
You can’t hurt me anymore.


~~Tina~~ 7/06/06

3 Comments:

Blogger RennyBA said...

I fell in tears from the start, but then the last verse made me smile again. There is hope!
Glad to see you back - have been missing you!
Have a lovely Sunday and a great week ahead:-)

August 27, 2006  
Blogger Just a human said...

Tina,

What a powerful poem! I know that feeling of watching from afar - because it hurts too much to be inside yourself watching.

I wish you hadn't seen, been in this pain. But we have the grace to turn this into wisdom and compassion for others' suffering, and you seem to be doing that.

God bless.

I like the positive ending, too.

Luv, Bud

August 27, 2006  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Go for it, Tina! Its great that you have found your strength out of the ashes of this pain.

November 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home